Thursday, December 17, 2009

Black and White Collection..Science of the Shades





I have never been a real fan of black and white photography, except for Ansel Adam's work in Yosemite. I had planner in Elementary School with each of his photos to mark a new month and was in awe by it daily. I however, grew up in a family of artists, my father being an abstract artist obsessed with extreme colors and my mother a singer, dancer, music teacher and professional makeup artist. Can you see how color could very possibly be ingrained into my very soul!?:)
The other day, I ripped out a stunning photo in Cosmopolitan magazine that intrigued me once again as Ansel did so many years ago. With this shoot I intended to edit a few in Black and White and hope to gain some sort of an emotional effect out of it...As a friend stated a few years back, "black and white photography is not simply the "desaturation" of a photo as photo shop would call it, it is a science of the shades"



These photos don't quite convey the emotion that my typical color photos generally give off, however I am liking this bit of change. Keep an eye out for more photos I will now include in something called my "Black and White Collection".

No comments: